Golf Tips with Bobby Lopez

Constant updates on new golf tips to improve your golf game! I post any new methods we used to resolve a specific golf swing fault. I'm always searching for a better way to communicate improvements in our student's golf games. As an added bonus we have golf comedy clips from our radio show on ESPN and tips for doing business while on the golf course. Golf is the game of business...start golf networking!

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

If You Think You're Too Old.....You're Wrong!

Had a student today that was 81 years old! He was great fun too! Great shape for his age and wanted some more distance. Don't we all! Well he thought that by turning his chest more he could create more energy and hit it further. Unfortunately for him and fortunately for me, (because he finally got frustrated and called me) the exact opposite medication was in order.

In fact, he would probably hit the ball further if he stayed perfectly still and flailed at it with his arms and hands. I gave me the "swoosh" drill which will get his arms going and help him release the hands at impact better. I also lightened his grip and he began to hit the ball higher and further right on the spot.

He is a veteran of the Army 101 Airborne division. I'm not using his name without his permission but I can tell you that gentlemen like him is what made our country great. I pray that we can continue to have great Americans willing to defend freedom at all costs.

You can see the "shwoosh" drill by going to http://www.bobbylopezgolf.com/dev/images/Drills/woosh_drill.wmv

You can always reach me at 804.378.7456

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home