Golf Tips with Bobby Lopez

Constant updates on new golf tips to improve your golf game! I post any new methods we used to resolve a specific golf swing fault. I'm always searching for a better way to communicate improvements in our student's golf games. As an added bonus we have golf comedy clips from our radio show on ESPN and tips for doing business while on the golf course. Golf is the game of business...start golf networking!

Monday, July 20, 2009

I Was Rooting For You Tom Watson!!!

Let this be a lesson to us all! I was there in 1975 when Tom won his first Open. I didn't even know who he was back then. It was the first time I saw him out on the European tour and the guy wins!

Well I couldn't help but root for him. Yes because of my age as well...we're the same age. It was a shame to see him run out of gas.

The great lesson from all of this is that even though Tom has spent hours and hours on his putting, spent years on his golf game, the moment he needed it most he just couldn't do it. Hello! I find that so many of my students seem to think that you can just fix your game for good. My back swing is where I want it to be, how come I can't shoot 65?

That's the beauty of this game. It is so difficult to magically create that perfect rhythm, state of mind and positive attitude that it takes to hold your golf game together. You mind can destroy any proper fundamentals you may have worked on.

You could see that Cink had it all together. He looked so relaxed on the playoff holes. I guess in football the announcers call it momentum. Well Tom ran out of holes and began running out of gas at the end of the last round.

Even Tom Watson, world golf champion and winner of so many tournaments could not hold it together, so don't be so hard on yourself. Enjoy the game for what it is. Golf isn't fair and life isn't either so take it as it comes and enjoy yourself.

Seeing Tom gag that last putt on 18 like he did was terrible but it did do something for the rest of us. The next time we stand over a putt to beat one of our pals and we "yip" it like a coward we can say....well even the best do it sometimes.

May God bless you Tom Watson and may you remember what really matters. It's only golf man....only golf!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home