Golf Tips with Bobby Lopez

Constant updates on new golf tips to improve your golf game! I post any new methods we used to resolve a specific golf swing fault. I'm always searching for a better way to communicate improvements in our student's golf games. As an added bonus we have golf comedy clips from our radio show on ESPN and tips for doing business while on the golf course. Golf is the game of business...start golf networking!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hey Tiger....Shame On You!

There is no shame in not making the cut. I can't tell you how many times I didn't make the cut. In fact when I played I was called a hot dog player. A couple would be walking down the fairway and see me hitting a ball and looking at the program and asking, "who's that hitting now"? The husband said to his wife, "who cares...let's get a hot dog".

This of course is not the case with Tiger. So many young golfers look up to Tiger and the media idolizes him. Even if he's not in the lead Tiger gets the most attention during television coverage.

Tiger playing poorly this British Open is not a problem. Getting upset and throwing clubs down on the ground and acting like a baby is. You never would have seen Arnold Palmer act that way.

Golfers today are making tons of money. They have their own jet planes, swing gurus, exercise assistants and mega-contracts with suppliers like Nike. They're spoiled in my estimation!

Tiger had a bad week....so what! Take it like a gentleman and smile because you have a jet plane. Do you have a jet plane? You might be out of work right now!

I've been asked...isn't there a lot of pressure on tour? No! I'll tell you what pressure is. All your credit cards are maxed out, your kids are sick, you wife just left you and your boss fired you today. Sounds like a country song, but it happens.

I was asked once to help with a charity tournament where a guy was broke, kids were sick, he hadn't made any money it quite a while, lost his house. Turned out it was the Foot Joy salesman in West Virginia!

My son is in Iraq. If he has a bad day I get two guys knocking on my door with white gloves. That's pressure. Touring pros need to put things in perspective.

I was proud of Phil Nicholson when he showed little emotion about loosing his opportunity to win. His wife's breast cancer put things in perspective for him didn't it.

After all...golf is just a game! One is very fortunate to be able to make a living off of what you enjoy. I feel that way with every lesson I give and every new golfer I get to meet.

Bobby Lopez, PGA

PS. I don't throw my clubs anymore because I'm too lazy to go pick them up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home