Golf Tips with Bobby Lopez

Constant updates on new golf tips to improve your golf game! I post any new methods we used to resolve a specific golf swing fault. I'm always searching for a better way to communicate improvements in our student's golf games. As an added bonus we have golf comedy clips from our radio show on ESPN and tips for doing business while on the golf course. Golf is the game of business...start golf networking!

Monday, February 20, 2012

Phil Mickelson Got Greedy and it Cost Him!

Without a doubt the 10th hole at Riviera C. C. is very small and has a significant grade to it.  However, with the ability Phil Mickelson has for using that 64 degree wedge of his, I am very surprised to see that he chose to go at the green with a three wood and potentially put himself in a very difficult position to save par, much less make a birdie to win.

In fact the new Callaway wedges are sweet!  You can see them on my web site at  http://www.quickfixgolf.com/New-Callaway-Golf-Clubs.htm

I would have suggested to him, (if I were his caddy) hit 3 iron off the tee and leave it 50 yards from the green.  Yes I heard that none of the other players in the field made birdie from leaving it short.  This is sudden death!  Phil would have had the opportunity to play first on the second shot and put the pressure on both of the other players.

I just can't picture someone like Hogan or Trevino or Nicklaus going at the green in that situation.  Arnie yea!  No doubt.

Of course the two three putt greens coming in didn't help either.  I do not blame the three putts as much as the choice in club selection that left him so far away from the hole.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home