Golf Tips with Bobby Lopez

Constant updates on new golf tips to improve your golf game! I post any new methods we used to resolve a specific golf swing fault. I'm always searching for a better way to communicate improvements in our student's golf games. As an added bonus we have golf comedy clips from our radio show on ESPN and tips for doing business while on the golf course. Golf is the game of business...start golf networking!

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Does Golf Get Harder As You Get Older?

I can testify to that!  Even if you had the same flexibility and stamina, you don't have the same time on your hands.  When I was about 10 years old, I could walk to the golf course from my house and I didn't come home until dark. Of course back in those days, a young kid could walk around safely.  I worked on my golf game all day without a care in the world.

As you get older you have so many distractions.  Responsibilities of life that have to be met.  Bills to pay and money to earn. I've seen players on tour with their entire family practically living in a van.  Now that's hard!

The purpose of this conversation is to let you know that it's OK to be easy on yourself in your golf game improvement.  You're NOT doing it for a living so you should enjoy challenging yourself and accept the bad shots with the good ones. 

This is also why I am a BIG believer in doing drills at home as often as you can.  You can't get to the golf course and/or driving range everyday.    Logging a considerable number of reps at home will have a significant impact on your play at the golf course.  I promise.  I always have a golf club in the living room so I can do a drill during a commercial.  Of course the one downside to this is, my darling wife has a weapon easily available in case the wrong name comes up on my cell phone!  Naaaa, not a chance.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home